- Why Another Book on Rock Music?
Why Another Book on Rock Music?
Much has already been written about rock music, including many books on the subject, and much of this material has been very worthwhile. So why, at this late date, do I feel the need to add yet another work on the topic?
I believe this book has four unique contributions to offer.
- A focus on the elements of rock music that distinguish it from related forms.
- Many comparisons to other art forms, such as poetry and film.
- An aesthetic for rock — a value system that can help to separate great examples of the form from lesser works.
- Detailed critical analysis of individual tracks.